Saturday, January 9, 2021

Karen's Daughter Pt 1

"Well hello there. Welcome to the Global Book Emporium. My name's Karen, how may I help you?" I may have been polite, however the patron may have had other intentions. "Yeah listen I have a book on hold, but it keeps getting lost in the libraries shitty system, so I decided to try this new place. Can you help me?" The young man was quite handsome, but he had such a trashy personality. What a pity. "I can certainly try. We do work on a similar system, but we rarely loose the items we search for. What are you looking for to be exact?" The man pulls out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. "Multilingual eastern books?" I wasn't sure of the title of this book. It looked quite unique though. "It's not a real title. I'm just looking for books that teach a little bit of everything. From Chinese, to Mandarin & Japanese as well as other languages that are of Asian culture." It brought me a smile to my face to see a young man desire to learn such. "Well, given the circumstances I don't believe a book such as that exist. You see, despite being in the same regions the languages are all different, as well as the people. I myself know a couple of. The languages, you wish to learn. I will gladly retrieve the books best suited for your lessons & if you don't mind, I will gladly teach you as well." He seems cute, perhaps he will soften up with my aiding him? "Ah? Thank, I'll just take the books, please. I'm trying to pick up girls is all." I was utterly heartbroken. To think that this person wanted to learn these languages for such selfish reasons was unacceptable. I could not allow him to abuse such act. "Well your reason seems quite unique. Are you sure won't reconsider your task?" *groans* "Ugh! Listen I came here to try to learn how to speak a different language, for my reasons only. If you got a problem, with that then you can just go- *sighs* "Zhongwen." *confused*  "Zhong- what? Hey what's going on with my voice?" I did my best not to laugh as he put his petite hand to her new face, nearly bumping her glasses... "Well you didn't seem to want to heed my warnings. I decided to help you, but at the same time, spare any female your actions." *grumbles* "you did this, so now turn me back right now!" *stomps foot* "wait why did I do that?" I can't help, but let a smile escape. "It's just a feminine trait, that will happen from time to time. Now go away or you will continue to regress." *Eyes widen* "No. I want my old body back now, Karen!" *sighs* "Ms. You may now call me Mrs. Winters. I'm gonna be polite & ask you to leave. Under-" *slams hand desk* "I said now." *rolls eyes & sighs* "Nianqing nuzi."

No comments:

Post a Comment